02: L’ENIGMA DE SHIBAM:
- Year: 2003
- Label: Temps Record
- Musicians: Enric Carreras (piano i teclats)
L’ENIGMA DE SHIBAM already clearly shows some of the main stylistic features that will later be present in much of the Enric Carreras’s work:
- A very cinematic conception of music, with a constant evocation of images and atmospheres.
- Total eclecticism and passion for the fusion of styles: from classical music to jazz, to new age, world music, contemporary and Mediterranean touches.
- L’Enigma de Shibam is formally conceived almost like a classic suite but using modern languages, with long-running parts that describe a story. In fact, this album is based on a literary script previously written by the same author.
- Predilection for drastic and unexpected stylistic changes, a reflection of the influence that musicians such as Mike Oldfield, Andreas Vollenweider and Pat Metheny have had on the Enric Carreras.